Just as a reminder, dove shooting hours during the first phase of dove season 1 Sept.-26 Oct. begins at 1100 and ends at sunset. Good luck and be safe. Please be sure to not shoot at low flying birds.
Tier 1 - 2 Fall Hunting Permits are now available for purchase. If you cannot see any permits available in your account, your ID Validation has expired. Please send us an email and we will validate your account.
If gun permits are not availabe in your account, your Weapon Permit has expired, or we don't have one on file. Please email a photo of your valid Weapon Permit with your personal information covered up, except for your name and the valid dates and we will update your account.
The Hunt Control Office has re‑opened for in‑person customer service and will be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays, open Thursday through Monday from 1:30 pm (noon) to 9:30 pm.
RETRIEVING AN ANIMAL AFTER THE REQUIRED CHECKOUT TIME IS PERMITTED BY FOLLOWING THE BELOW PROCEDURE. THIS WILL ALLOW 2 ADDITIONAL HOURS PAST HUNTING CHECK OUT TIME. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO CHECKOUT BY THE INDICATED CHECK OUT TIME FOR ANY ACTIVITY. PLEASE REMEMBER: IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO "BACK OUT IF THERE IS ANY DOUBT" ABOUT SHOT PLACEMENT AND COME BACK THE NEXT DAY TO TRACK AN ANIMAL. THERE IS A MUCH GREATER CHANCE OF RECOVERING A WOUNDED ANIMAL IF YOU FOLLOW THIS RULE.
1. LOG INTO YOUR ISPORTSMAN ACCOUNT AND CLICK "ACQUIRE PERMITS".
2. FIND THE "RETRIEVING BIG GAME AFTER HOURS PERMIT"(FREE). AND CLICK ADD TO CART, SELECT SAVE, THEN CHECK OUT AND CONFIRM.
3. THE PERMIT SHOULD THEN BE VISIBLE IN YOUR LIST OF PERMITS AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR START PAGE. IT IS VALID FOR 1 DAY AND YOU CAN ONLY ACQUIRE 4 DURING THE SEASON. PLEASE USE THEM ONLY AS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.
4. CHECK OUT OF YOUR DEER HUNTING AREA AS NORMAL. IF YOU HAVE “LAID HANDS” ON THE ANIMAL ALREADY, PLEASE REPORT YOUR HARVEST AT THIS TIME AND DO NOT REPORT IT AGAIN WHEN CHECKING OUT FROM RETRIEVING AN ANIMAL. IF YOU HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE ANIMAL AT THIS TIME ONLY REPORT A RECOVERED ANIMAL AT CHECK OUT FROM RETRIEVING AN ANIMAL AFTER CHECK OUT TIME.
5. SELECT CHECKIN/CHECKOUT THEN CHECKIN. YOU WILL NOW BE PERMITTED TO SEE THE "RETRIEVING DEER AFTER CHECKOUT TIME" BUTTON, SELECT IT AND THEN SELECT YOUR AREA FROM THE LIST AND CONFIRM.
NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY CHECK INTO THIS ACTIVITY FROM 44 MINUTES PRIOR TO SUNSET UNTIL 2 HOURS AFTER SUNSET PREVAILING TIME.
5. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INDICATED CHECK OUT TIME. YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY BE CHECKED OUT AND PHYSICALLY OUT OF THE AREA BY THAT TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS. REPORT HARVEST IF THE ANIMAL IS RECOVERED AT CHECKOUT AS NORMAL. ENSURE THAT YOU CONFIRM CHECK OUT OR HARVEST AND CHECK OUT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPLISHED.
6. IF FOR SOME REASON THE ANIMAL CANNOT BE RECOVERD BY THE CHECK OUT TIME AND THE AREA IS CLOSED THE FOLLOWING DAY, OR IT IS TUESDAY, PLEASE COME TO THE HUNT CONTROL AFTER 0700 WEEKDAYS (COME TO THE ENTRY DOOR SOUTH OF THE HUNT CONTROL ENTRANCE), 1330 WEEKENDS, TO DETERMINE IF THE AREA CAN BE ACCESSED TO CONTINUE THE EFFORT TO RETRIEVE THE ANIMAL. IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE DUE TO MILITARY TRAINING.
The Natural Resources Branch has stocked Channel Catfish in Lower Douglas , Upper Douglas, Sanders Spring, Ordnance, Crystal and Dickerson Lakes on 28 June 2021
Channel Catfish were stocked in Camp Carlson Lake on Monday, 14 June 2021.
Rainbow Trout were stocked in Otter Creek on Tuesday, 6 July 2021.
Please be sure to read the Fort Knox Fishing Guidelines and abide by the creel and size limits.
2021 Fishing, Small game, and Combo small game/fishing are now available for purchase in your account. Please pay close attention to acquiring only the needed permits for the activity desired.
If you cannot see in Acquire Permits tab, the turkey and small game permits, it is likely that you either do not have a firearms validation or it has expired. Please see the below on firearms registration to get this added to your account or updated. If you cannot see the fishing permit, your ID validation has likely expired. Please see the New Users highlight below to get this validated.
ALL NEW USERS MUST EMAIL THE HUNT CONTROL EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org AND REQUEST ID VALIDATION AFTER CREATING AN ACCOUNT. PERMITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL ACCOUNT IS VALIDATED.
ALL EXISTING ACCOUNT HOLDERS CAN REVIEW, UPDATE, AND REQUEST VALIDATION BY EMAIL, IF CHANGES ARE NEEDED. ALSO, IF GUN HUNTING PERMITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR ACCOUNT YOU EITHER HAVE NOT PROVIDED YOUR FT KNOX WEAPONS PERMIT TO THE HUNT CONTROL OR IT HAS EXPIRED. PLEASE SEE FIREARMS REGISTRATION BELOW FOR REQUIREMENT.
Fort Knox scouting, fishing, and hunting activities are open within the following guidelines:
Persons cannot visit Fort Knox to scout, fish, or hunt if:
*Within the past two weeks have been in close contact with a known positive case of COVID-19
*Currently exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath
Everyone is advised to observe social distancing guidelines.
Masks are mandatory in all facilities on the installation for unvaccinated individuals.
FIREARMS REGISTRATION: PROOF OF FIREARMS REGISTRATION FOR HUNTERS 18 AND OVER RESULTING IN A WEAPON PERMIT, WITH VALID TO AND FROM DATES, MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE HUNT CONTROL OFFICE AND ACCOUNT VALIDATED PRIOR TO PURCHASE OF A PERMIT UTILIZING A FIREARM. This can be accomplished by one of the following:
1. Take a photo of your Weapon Permit showing valid to and from dates and name (top section of the blue-gray page). DO NOT SEND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION SECTION. FOLD IT OVER OR COVER IT UP. Send this in an email with the persons isportsman USERNAME in the title to email@example.com
2. Scan Weapon Permit and email to the above email address and include the persons iSportsman USERNAME in the title. DO NOT SEND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION SECTION. FOLD IT OVER OR COVER IT UP.
Once your account is updated with the required firearms validation you will then be able to purchase firearms hunting permits through the valid date on the firearms registration. iSportsman will notify you through your account 21 days prior to expiration of the registration so you will have time to renew without causing issues with access for hunting. Fishermen and archery hunters do not need a firearms validation.
Game harvest must be reported in iSportsman when checking out of your Hunting Area. ALSO, you must use the KDFWR's Telecheck System to check-in your Fort Knox deer, turkey and bobcat. Select either Hardin, Meade, or Bullitt County (not a problem if not sure, just select Hardin), then public land, then Fort Knox Military Reservation.
Click HERE to access the official Fort Knox Fish and Wildlife Facebook Page!
ATTENTION: DO NOT SEND FIREARMS REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS
(FK Form 2759) TO THE HUNT CONTROL OFFICE EMAIL!
Click here for Firearms Registration Information, and correct application procedures. Only valid Weapon Permits received from the Provost Marshals Office, Fort Knox, KY at the Chaffee Gate Visitor Center (with valid dates) should be sent to us for account validation. DO NOT SEND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION SECTION. FOLD IT OVER OR COVER IT UP. Include your iSportsman USERNAME in the title of the email.
Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Thursday thru Monday 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm,
Please email us at the above email if you need assistance.
call 502-624-7011 or 7019